Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Greg Ohhhhden

Greg Oden.  I came back from class in 2007 and ESPN displayed the Blazers having magically obtained the first pick.  They had finished 13th worst in the league that year so the odds of getting pick number one was less than 2%.  I was stoked.  It seemed magical.  B Roy was budding and the core was in place for dominance.  All the sports writers forecasted big Greg from Ohio State as the number one pick.  How could you pass up on a 7 foot behemoth.  Coordinated and agile he could readily dominate on the defensive end.  As a freshman he broke his wrist but continued to play while using his opposite hand.  He even earned All-American 1st Team Honors.  I should have been more concerned with the broken wrist rather than the off hand adjustment.  I was salivating to see him play.  I even watched pre-season games online.  How watches pre-season games in the first place?  I watched multiple ones to get a glimpse of Oden's future and the future of my beloved Portland Trailblazers.  The season began with high expectations. To Be Continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment