Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Greg Ohhhhden, Part 3

Gosh, if only his projections weren't off the charts.  How long will potential still be enough value to keep someone around?  In the NBA Jam world Greg would be a slam dunk.  Injuries would not plague him.  His brute strength would never cause a foul.  His two major weaknesses would be neutralized leaving him unstoppable.  I hope the Blazers keep him until his current contract expires.  Right now Marcus Camby is a superb back up and has proven he can be the starting center already.  Marcus' presence allows the Blazers front office to gamble on Oden this season and probably next.  However after that I would pull out and cut my losses.  Maybe he will develope.  He could turn out to be an All-Star somewhere else a la Jermaine O'neal.  But having that question mark lingering around takes a tool on the team in many ways.  I want to see how this Greg thing plays out but if someone offered me a low 30 year old double double machine I would pull the trigger.  I'm done lamenting about Greg.  Time for a new topic.  I think it will be the nuances of flag football at BYU.

No comments:

Post a Comment