Monday, October 11, 2010

Super Smash Bros.

Probably the greatest game of all time.  And yes I have played Halo Reach on Xbox Live while using an HD TV.  Please do not think that I am a serious gamer, my Mom only let my brother and I play 45 minutes a day on the weekend.  So one might think that I have not played enough games to be taken as an "expert".  Believe me though, I have friends who loved video games and they exposed me to the most critically acclaimed games.  Super Smash is the best because it contains lasting value.  Most games can only be played for a couple months at a steady pace until they become boring.  Each sport games pumps out another version every year.  But Super Smash is timeless.  It was the first game where people would play together in a group environment.  For the purposes of this post I am eliminating all PC games from the discussion.  Tourneys were created to allow people to challenge each other.  It was the first popular game to not be a "main game" game.  The design was to play with others and not by yourself.  This allowed gaming experiences to be shared and thus more valuable.  Yeah I played last night in my basement with three friends last night after Ward Prayer.  It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment